Meet the Butcher
Butcher Mike Forsyth and wife Louise Forsyth from WTS Forsyth Peebles give us their BBQ top tips.
1. It’s BBQ season! What are your favourite BBQ cuts?
Favourite BBQ cuts are without doubt BBQ belly pork, or Scotch Lamb chops.
2. Which marinades would you recommend your customers using for their next BBQ?
Smokey BBQ sauce or sweet chilli.
3. What do you think is the best way to cook a rump steak?
Seal quickly and finish in the oven (thick piece). I cook most of my BBQ food in the oven (covered) and finish on the BBQ. Ensures safely cooked food, crispy on the outside, cooked through.
4. Do you think there’s a best time of year to buy certain types of meat?
I think we are fairly flexible now regarding when we eat certain foods, but obviously you’re going to eat turkey Christmas and haggis on Burns Night. We still enjoy BBQ food over the winter months.
5. Why do you think customers should feel good about buying Scotch Beef PGI, Scotch Lamb PGI and Specially Selected Pork?
By buying Scotch Beef, Scotch Lamb and Specially Selected Pork, consumers are assured of full traceability and quality, and above all supporting Scottish producers who maintain our food supply and our wonderful countryside.