JM Quality Meats
1. It’s BBQ season! What are your favourite BBQ cuts?
Lamb works well on the bbq. Cooked over a high heat to give an outside crisp but retain that pink blush inside.
Bavette and hanger steaks work well very tasty served medium rare. Like the lamb it is best served pink and the bbq is ideal for these types of cut. They are not expensive but tasty alternative to traditional steaks.
2. Which marinades would you recommend your customers using for their next BBQ?
3. What do you think is the best way to cook a rump steak?
Rump steak should be cooked over a high heat and allowed to rest, at least the same time as it was cooked and should be served medium rare.
4. Do you think there’s a best time of year to buy certain types of meat?
Yes, the warmer weather tends to be lots of diced meats and thinner cuts for outdoor cooking. As the weather cools it tends to be roasts and larger joints of meat for indoor cooking
5. Why do you think customers should feel good about buying Scotch Beef PGI, Scotch Lamb PGI and Specially Selected Pork?
Our customers like the provenance of the meat products produced on local Scottish farm and they like the traceability.