Why Buy Specially Selected Pork
Make Specially Selected Pork your next choice
Nowadays it’s only natural to want to know where your food comes from. However, we don’t always have time to research every purchase we make. Luckily, when it comes to choosing pork, you can simply buy from a butcher that sells Specially Selected Pork to be sure of quality in every bite. The QMS assurance logos you'll see in a Scotch Butcher are our shorthand for wholesomeness, safety and taste.
SOURCED FROM LOCAL FARMS and SUPPLIERS
Specially Selected Pork is the flagship brand of the pork industry in Scotland for pigs that have been assured all of their lives. This means...
- When you see the Specially Selected Pork logo, you can be confident that the pork was born, reared and processed in Scotland and held whole life quality assurance.
The quality assurance makes sure that farms meet stringent criteria including animal welfare and natural production methods from within Quality Meat Scotland’s Pig Assurance standards.
- Buying from our members also means your helping to support local farms, helping to keep the Scottish meat industry strong.
Make it the right amount with our guide
It can be tricky knowing the difference between your chops and your loins. And even trickier to work out the quantities so that you can make the best choice.
Well, our Cut Guide helps take the pain out of selecting cuts and portions. You can enter the cut you want and we'll tell you all the information you need to buy with confidence!Go to the Cut Guide
Make it the perfect pork night
Specially Selected Pork is a brilliantly versatile meat that is perfect for anything from a quick and easy everyday meal to your next dinner party centrepiece. Keep reading to find out how to get the most from your pork.
- Looking for the healthiest cut? Pork fillet is your best option due to it's lean characteristics. It is often cut into medallions which are best pan-fried, grilled, baked or barbecued.
- If you want to give the increasingly popular pulled pork a try, the shoulder is your best cut, cooked low and slow with spices for plenty of flavour. Delicious in burgers, on salads or in a wrap.
- Looking for that table centrepiece? Try a rolled loin cut with bone in and roast in the oven. The crispy crackling on top is a bonus too!
MAKE IT NOW WITH THE SCOTCH KITCHEN
Struggling for inspiration? Visit our sister site The Scotch Kitchen! Here you’ll find a wide range of recipes for Scotch Beef, for every skill level and palate!
NOTE: All links below goes to our external sister site The Scotch Kitchen